Environment and social affairs
Environmental protection concerns all of us.
We are aware of our responsibility. Protecting nature is therefore a central component of our sustainable thinking and action. In line with our vision “Future in our region”, sustainability means that future generations can develop freely and unhindered. However, sustainability also means – in addition to developing and manufacturing energy-efficient products – using resources sparingly.
Our claim: We want to make our operational activities as sustainable as possible.
We care about our environment.
What contribution do we make to saving energy and keeping the air clean in the Stuttgart region? Here is a small excerpt.
- Whenever possible, employees come to work on foot, by bicycle or public transport, which we finance with 25 percent or at least 10 euros for a monthly ticket (job ticket).
- For every kilometer of the commute to work covered by bicycle or on foot, we donate an annual amount of 50 cents to a good cause.
- All employees with electric or hybrid vehicles are allowed to charge them free of charge during working hours and are given their own parking space.
- New company vehicles may only emit a maximum of 50 g/km of CO2, thus already undercutting the EU’s 2030 limit of 65 g/km. In the future, TEKON will only drive plug-in hybrid or electric vehicles.
- Heating and cooling of the company building is provided by emission-free, electrically powered air-source heat pumps. A large part of the electricity is generated by a roof-mounted photovoltaic system.
Social responsibility - We support the region.
We get involved with donations and through sponsoring!
Every year, we receive many requests from communities, youth groups, kindergartens, private individuals or gymnastics clubs asking for support. Due to this great demand, we focus on supporting children and young people in the region – an area that is particularly close to our hearts. For example, we support sports clubs and schools. Here, we help finance voluntary club work with perimeter and shirt advertising, advertisements in club magazines and other campaigns.
Supporting educational institutions is also important to us. For example, we cooperate with schools and help students with career guidance.
Benedikt Paulowitsch, Mayor of Kernen
“As mayor, I am proud and grateful for companies like TEKON Prüftechnik. The large corporate donation has enriched the lives of children and young people in Kernen in view of the difficult past years. And even beyond that, we are pleased to have a partner who cares about the future and interests of the younger generation.”